Allium Green: Something new, every day

1.03.2010

Something new, every day

I did complain a while back about the lack of snow, right? Well, I no longer have anything to complain about because we have something ridiculous like two feet of snow that's fallen in the last 48 hours. Everything has that frosty, muted look that big snow gives. And it has come just in time for my new venture for the year.



One of the things I've loved best about this blog is the motivation it's offered for taking photographs. Short little essays are well and good, right? But the photos break it up and give you something to think about if you're not enraptured by tamales, for example. So I've enjoyed getting to know my camera better and learning to look at the world with a bit of a frame around it.



Somewhere along the way, I stumbled upon Flickr (thank you, Tara). If you're at all interested in photography, this is one of those places where you will get lost, without question. It's a place to share photos, learn from others, and generally - as I said - lose a lot of time perusing. There's a group called Shutter Sisters 365 for people who have committed to taking one photo per day for 365 days. I am now one of those people.



This is my attempt to take the next step, photographically, and to challenge myself to pay attention - every day of the year. Come on over and check it out. If you click on the album labeled Project 365, you'll find my days of the year, laid out one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment