Allium Green: Blueberries

7.28.2009

Blueberries

Have I mentioned how hot it's been lately? I know this sounds ridiculous to people not living in the northernmost states, but 86 degrees and humid is just about 6 degrees after where I start to melt. I just don't do heat very well. So I'm coping as I can. And this afternoon, that meant blueberries. Lots of blueberries.


I love how they look in this photo. The dusty bloom on their skin, bluer than seems possible, amazingly, beautifully, resolutely blue. I had a handful on the way home. I had a handful while we made dinner. I had a handful after dinner. And I'm eating a few now. Seven pounds of blueberries won't last long. Ralph eats them faster than I can. We don't even bother with pancakes. No smoothies. No blueberry muffins or cornbread with blueberries. We just eat them plain. And with a breeze coming in the window, a whole day with no rain, and CBC jazz on the radio, I suppose I'll cope with the heat after all.

1 comment:

  1. Here, Here. Blueberries are one of summer's best offerings.

    ReplyDelete